Re: How to get profile to run when starting gnome terminal

Michael Pobega wrote:
On Sat, Mar 31, 2007 at 10:52:01AM -0500, Dennis G. Wicks wrote:
I know there is a way to do it, but I haven't found the right
piece of doc yet I guess.

How do I get /etc/profile and friends to be run when gnome
starts up a terminal session?

TIA!
Dennis

/etc/profile should automatically run. Try running GNOME-Terminal with
"-e bash" and see if that works.

Michael,

That wasn't it, but it put me on the track. Here's how in case
you ever need to do it.

1. Open a terminal window.
2. Click "Edit"
3. Click "Current Profile"
4. Select "Title and Command" tab
5. Mark check box "Run command as login shell" under "Command".
6. Close the edit window
7. Close the terminal window
8. Open a terminal window again and your profiles will have been run!

Thanks for getting me pointed in the right direct.
I was thinking of an entry in a .rc or .ini file or some such.

Thanks again!
Dennis