Re: Debian User List

Greg Folkert wrote:
On Sat, 2007-03-31 at 13:45 -0700, Tyler MacDonald wrote:
Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@fantomas.sk> wrote:
Actually, I would prefer if [OT] messages would be kept [OOTL]
(out of this list)
I said this once before and got shot down, but here it is again:

If this list is supposed to be for idle chit-chat among the debian
community, then we really have no mailing list specifically for people to
talk about debian, or get help about debian. We should have at least another
list, probably "debian-help".

Okay, so why would *I* subscribe to that list?

A better question would be.. Why would those who are tired of the OT bull sessions want you to?

It would probably be a lot better for the new users to help themselves than to be pawns for your ego. Sure they'll make mistakes, but I suspect they'll learn more in the long run.

John