Re: [OT] RIP Netscape

On Sunday December 30 2007 12:57:26 Kelly Clowers wrote:
[snip]

> Truly incompatible websites are few and far between. Of the few
> "incompatible" websites I encounter, most are just forcing
> incompatibility by looking at the user-agent string. There is
> an extension called user-agent switcher that lets FF identify
> as IE or any other browser.
>
> If a web site is incompatible, you should write to them an
> point out that they are shutting out over 15% of American users
> and more like 20%-25% of European users.

Our company's intranet timesheet app doesn't work well with
Windows FF.  Seems to be a Java windowing issue.  It's the only
reason why I need IE.

(I still use MSO a "lot", though, because OOo is such a slow-

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA  USA

"If heroes do not exist, it is necessary to invent them. Good for
public morale."
Doctor Who