Re: Galeon R.I.P?

On Dec 29, 2007 8:50 AM, ZephyrQ <zephyrq@earthlink.net> wrote:
> With all the news of Netscape 'fading off' into mozilla and its ilk, is
> does anyone know if Galeon is ever going to be updated?  I've tried
> FireFox/etc. and there are a couple of things I've not be able to reproduce:
>
> Tabs...on the -right- hand side.  After using Galeon for **years**, I
> miss this and the 'tab' plug-in only lets me put tabs on the
> top/bottom/left.
>
> Quickloading of pages.  I don't know if this is a Galeon thing, but side
> by side with IceWeasel Galeon loads pages *much* faster.

Years ago, Galeon was forked to create Epiphany. A few years later,
they recombined under the name Epiphany.

http://www.linux.com/feature/50021

I don't know how the feature-set of Epiphany+extensions compares
to Galeon overall.

There is a tabs-left extension, but no tabs-right extension as far as
I can see. However, I just changed 5 words and the file names of the
tabs-left extension and created a working tabs-right extension.

Here is the code for the tabs-left extension:
http://rmjokers.blogspot.com/2006/11/dont-let-tabs-control-you.html

I think you can see just by looking at it how to make tabs-right.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers