Re: libsane-extras: epson perfection 4490 PHOTO doesn't work on amd64

On Wed, Dec 26, 2007 at 19:45:44 +0100, Markus Grunwald wrote:
> Hello,
>
> on http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Configuring_Scanners_from_SUSE_LINUX_9.3
> I found out, that my 64 bit sane won't work with the binary only
> libraries from epson. They propose to install 32 bit sane...
>
> I have the ia32 libs installed, but how can I install 32 bit debian
> packages with (or without...) aptitude ?

I don't know if anybody has already figured out a 64bit wrapper for the
32bit epson libraries (like they did for Adobe's flashplayer).

If all else fails then you can set up a 32bit chroot environment and run
the 32bit version of sane and the epson libraries in there.

https://alioth.debian.org/docman/view.php/30192/21/debian-amd64-howto.html#id292281

          Florian   |