Re: Digital Camera

On 12/26/07, canonsx100 <canonsx100@yahoo.com> wrote:

> http://www.canonsx100.com
>
> Robert Thompson wrote:
> >
> > Hello All,
> >    I also have a digital camera that I love. It is a Sony that uses a USB
> > connect to the computer. Question is: How does digital cameras work with
> > Debian?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Eric

I'm not sure about what you're looking for.  However I'll suppose
you're asking about how to access the camera memory so you can upload
stuff from the camera's memory to your box...

If the camera is a mass storage compliant device, then there's no much
to do, it's automatically recognized, and you can mount it as any
other mass storage device, like memory keys, etc.  Usually they come
under vfat FS, so you can try mounting under vfat...  If not, then
maybe gphotofs can come handy.  It's kind of a virtual FS through
fuse.  I hope it helps...

--
Javier