Re: system beep in xterm or konsole

Simon Jolle "sjolle" wrote:

On 12/25/2007 01:36 PM, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Hi,

Hi Hugo

When I hit backspace in a VT text console I get a beep.
When I do that in xterm or konsole I get zip.
System bell notification is set.
What more? Running Sid.

And where is your question or issue? I don't understand the problem.

When I do that in xterm or konsole I get zip.
Meaning when I hit backspace in either Konsole or Xterm I hear no sound although the setting indicate that the system bell option is set.

Meaning, why do hear a beep in a VT console and nothing in an X console?

Hugo