Re: wifi network connection

On Mon December 24 2007, hce wrote:
> I did as per above, then did a reboot on my Debian laptop and ping
> from my desktop in wifi local network:
>
> # ping -c 2 www.google.com
> PING www.l.google.com (209.85.175.147): 56 data bytes
>
> --- www.l.google.com ping statistics ---
> 2 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100% packet loss
>
> It seems that the DNS works, but still could not get through the
> Internet via my laptop. The laptop does not formward packges to ppp0,
> something seems still missing in my loptop?
NAT on eth1. I though that was already understood.
You need iptables package to be installed (chances are its already installed).
Several ways to enable it but easiest would be to add a line to
the /etc/network/interfaces

find the lines that configures eth1 and add this line at the bottom :
up  iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o ppp0 -j MASQUERADE

then restart networking :
# /etc/init.d/networking restart

Mihira.
--
Random Quotes From Megas XLR
Coop: You see? The mysteries of the Universe are revealed when you break