[OT] 2 access points wireless setup

Hello,

I wanted to setup 2 access ponts, 1 per floor in my house (for some
reason the signla doesn't reach the other floor no matter which one I
place the AP).

What I've understood is that I then would need to use the same SSID,
and perhaps the same channel, and WEP if used for both, or same WAP
key if used for both.  Is that right?  Would the right thing be to set
different SSID's instead (I guess if so then maybe different channels
are required to prevent interference)?

I'm wondering, since I know there might be interference between the 2
AP's, and I don't know what would happen in the zones under which both
AP's are reacheable, only one stronger than the other...

Please advise on how to proceed.

--
Javier