CD burnt in sid unreadable on windows

I have been using the command:

mkisofs -J -v -l -r -o file.iso directory

to create an iso image for burning to cd. Never had any problem with it until recently when a couple of my friends started complaining that they were unable to read those cds in windows.

Upon investigating, I found that 'mkisofs' has been replaced by 'genisoimage' and 'cdrecord' by 'wodim'. Also,
"isoinfo -f -R -J -i image.iso" produces the following output:
===
../
**BAD RRVERSION (0)
**BAD RRVERSION (0)
/
===
No files are listed. If I burn the iso, I am able to mount the cd and read the files without any problem in linux. A google search for the error message took me to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cdrkit/+bug/57796
but it appears to be unrelated to my experience.

What should I do to ensure that my cd is readable on both linux and windows?

Thanks,
Raj Kiran