Re: [OT] Whitelisting a domain?

* Joe <joe@jretrading.com> [2007 Dec 22 09:20 -0600]:

> You're not necessarily on a blacklist. I live in a clean IP range, and can
> send email to AOL without problems, but Yahoo is aggressive in terms of
> content. I sent a set of instructions to a client's employee on his private
> email address and there was trouble, so I routed it through an
> authenticated account on one of my domain hosts, from where it was
> accepted.

Thanks, Joe.  At least I'm not alone.  Strangely, it seems as though
Yahoo! has no problem with my email so long as I don't include a URL to
my domain in the signature and possibly text of the email.

> I wouldn't mind so much if Yahoo never appeared in *my* rejected mail logs,
> or if they had a usable abuse reporting system....
>
> You may need to use your new domain's hosting company's smarthost for
> unpleasant Net neighbours like Yahoo.

I do use their smart host, but it doesn't reflect my domain, which may
be a problem.

> You may not even see this, as the Debian groups randomly select which of my
> posts they accept, possibly depending on moon phase.

It came through just fine!

- Nate >>

--

"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds,
the pessimist fears this is true."