Re: [OT] Whitelisting a domain?

Nate Bargmann wrote:
A week ago I registered a domain for myself which included an email
account at the same domain.  So far, if I include a URL in a message to
a Yahoo! Groups mailing list, the message gets caught by their spam
filters. How can I go about learning if my new domain is blacklisted? How can I undo that?

Blasted spammers making life miserable for all of us.  :-(

You're not necessarily on a blacklist. I live in a clean IP range, and can send email to AOL without problems, but Yahoo is aggressive in terms of content. I sent a set of instructions to a client's employee on his private email address and there was trouble, so I routed it through an authenticated account on one of my domain hosts, from where it was accepted.

I wouldn't mind so much if Yahoo never appeared in *my* rejected mail logs, or if they had a usable abuse reporting system....

You may need to use your new domain's hosting company's smarthost for unpleasant Net neighbours like Yahoo.

You may not even see this, as the Debian groups randomly select which of my posts they accept, possibly depending on moon phase.