Pre-Boot eXecution Environment DHCP problems

Hi all,

recently I did a fresh install of Debian Etch on my home-serverbox,
and now it only boots properly after a reboot.

The reason given is that the Managed PC Boot Agent or Pre-Boot
eXecution Environment errs with "PXE-E53 No Boot Filename received"
after which it hangs reporting there's no operating system found. I do
not use PXE. I've tried to configure (Ctrl-Alt-B) it using some
different settings, e.g. to reboot instead but that doesn't seem to
help at all. Rebooting manually will eventually make it start Grub and
boot from disk.

This would seem to be a DHCP lookup problem. Now I know my modem isn't
the most cooperative and only responds after a DHCP request or two. I
don't suppose there is a way to make the DHCP lookup retry after a
timeout, set longer timeouts, or to remove this PXE thing completely?

mvrgr, Berend

NB: I'm not on the list, please CC, thanks.

--
web, http://dotmpe.com
email, berend.van.berkum at gmail.com
icq, 26727647