install-info/dpkg b0rked ?

Hi,

Currently a few packages(example: sed, findutils) ave been failing to
install on my Debian testing system. The problem seems to be a cryptic
error message which comes up when I run apt. Here's the output:

topa@sting:~$ sudo apt-get -f install
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 386 not upgraded.
4 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B of archives.
After unpacking 0B of additional disk space will be used.
Setting up cpio (2.9-6) ...
Errno architecture (i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi-2.6.18.3) does not
match executable architecture (i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi-2.6.22.10)
at /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/Errno.pm line 11.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/sbin/install-info line 304.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/sbin/install-info line 304.
dpkg: error processing cpio (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 9

I think the problem centers around install-info which is a part of
dpkg. I'm currently working around this by disabling the post-removal
and post-installation scripts.

Any way to fix this issue ?

-Toufeeq
--