Recovering files on lvm/reiserfs partition

Howdy list,

So, I did something stupid. (Again.) My desktop went down, but I needed a backup off of it for a different computer on the lan, so I took out the lvm drive and put it in my other backup server. Only problem was, the lvm drive I put in and the lvm drive I pulled from the working backup server had lvm partitions with the same vg name.

So, needless to say, I caused a lot of confusion to the operating system and ran some commands that hurt my system. One of the commands I ran trying to fix it was "vgreduce --removemissing". All this did was make it so that lvm could not see the either lvm drive. So, I put the original drive back in the server and tried to mount my fileserver lvm drive. I had to manually add some physical volumes back into the vg to get the drive to mount. Then it worked, but most of the files were missing. I tested with photorec, and after 160+ hours of searching, it found 640,000+ files for the fileserver (consuming over 100GB). So, it looks like all of the data is still there, but some index files or something got deleted from the filesystem. And photorec does not restore the directory or file names, just the files themselves.

Anybody know a way I can get most of these files back without having to manually rename and reorganize everything? I'm keeping the drive unmounted and storing data elsewhere until I can get this mess untangled... :-/

TIA & HAND,
Jacob