Re: what to take off the root partition

On Thursday December 20 2007 15:48:19 Alex Samad wrote:
> Hi
>

> I have allocated 10G to my root partition in an effort to kiss
> the system.

Kiss the system?????

>              So I have farmed of /home and /var/log and I am
> about to do /usr/local nothing really in here that i really
> need on the root partition
>
> My question is around /usr/share should/could I move this of to
> another partition ?
>
> my rootfs is on a raid1 native (HD ) partition, everything else
> is on lvm partitions

/home should *always* be on it's own partition.  /var/log should
be on it's own partition if this is a server that does more than
serve MP3s to the other PCs in your house.  Given the size of
modern disks, I see no reason to move /usr out of the root
partition.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA  USA

The difference between Rock&Roll and Country Music?
Old Rockers still on tour are pathetic, but old Country singers
are still great.