Re: apt-get torture - deadlock libc6

On Thu, Dec 20, 2007 at 09:54:54AM -0800, epic winter wrote:
libc6 that seems to be associated with a 2.6 kernel.  I am running a
2.4 kernel and have no intentions of upgrading.  I see lots of messages
[snip]
WARNING: POSIX threads library NPTL requires kernel version
2.6.8 or later. If you use a kernel 2.4, please upgrade it
before installing glibc.

The solution is easy. Don’t upgrade. The 2.4 kernel series is not supported by newer glibc versions anymore.
If you don’t want a 2.6 kernel, don’t upgrade.

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz                    E-Mail: Nur-Ab-Sal@gmx.de |