Re: Can't logout before command finished

Vincent Lefevre wrote:
On 2007-12-20 15:55:16 +0800, H.H. Ding wrote:
    I ssh to remote host, then run a program and put it to background,
then I try to logout, but bash paused and wait until the program
finished. How can I logout immeditaly?

The background program needs to close all its file descriptors
attached to the terminal. You can start it with redirections
for that.

Is not "screen" another solution? (I'm not terribly familiar with "screen", but I thought this sort of backgrounding-and-come-back-to-it-later thing was something it does.)

--
Kent