Re: Something strange popped up with ClamAV today...

On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 07:17:25AM -0500, forsaken wrote:
I'm running etch stable, with the sole exception being the postfix
backport.

Well, since you are using the clamav scanner, you should add the line
deb http://volatile.debian.net/debian-volatile etch/volatile main
to your sources.lst. Volatile is for packages which may changing in the
etch stable cycle but updates are needed or the package won’t work as expected anymore. Examples are whois, tzdata or the virus scanner clamav.

What I find instead is my server freaking out and amavis complaining
very strongly that it cannot speak to clamav
via /var/run/clamav/clamd.ctl

It may be, that clamav found itself too old to work properly. Some updates of the virus database require a new scanning engine. Whatever it is you should found messages in /var/log, clamav.log or mail.log.

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz                    E-Mail: Nur-Ab-Sal@gmx.de |