Re: DVD drive misbehaves after a while, kernel problem?

Mirko Parthey wrote:

> Has anybody seen something like this before?
> Any hints how I could rule out faulty hardware?

Boot a different distro's live CD and see if it happens.  If you have
Windows on another partition, see if it happens with that.  If you have
another computer, see if the drive does the same thing in the other
computer.  If nothing else, see if there are any BIOS updates for your
motherboard.  Good luck.