Re: won't dual boot: 2 disks and LVM

--- michael <cs@networkingnewsletter.org.uk> wrote:

> Whilst, it's a Fedora distro I've on the machine in
> question, I think
> the same problem manifests itself with Debian, LVM
> and WinXP so hoping
> somebody can help!
>
> I'm looking for a solution for (re-)installing WinXP
> on my slave disk
> when I have Fedora and LVM on the master disk. In
> the past I've opened
> up the box and unplugged the Fedora/LVM disk in
> order for WinXP to
> install okay. But this seems much too drastic. Even
> swapping disk order
> (in BIOS) doesn't help - WinXP installation sits
> there "forever" when
> checking current config.
>
> Whilst I cannot find any definite reference stating
> "MS WinXP cannot
> handle LVM" it does seem to be the culprit.
>
> Anybody got any such definitive references or other
> help?
>
> Thanks, Michael

well here is what i find on ms own website
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306559

seems that winxp can only dual boot with other ms os's

haha right, but AFAIK you have to install winxp first
then install linux second (seems to overwrite
grub/lilo)

jwlockhart

Registered Linux User #458799
Registered Kubuntu User #19678