Re: printing gives only totallly black pages

On Mon, 2007-12-17 at 11:41 -0800, Kenward Vaughan wrote:
> I haven't been tracking any threads on cups, so don't know whether
> others have encountered this or not.  Nothing seems to show up in the
> archives.
>
> I just upgraded in Sid last night and today discovered that printing was
> messed up--first the printers wouldn't respond, then (after rebooting),
> all I get with printing is a very black page.  This happens whether from
> the cups admin page, a website page, or something as simple as
> 	dmesg | tail | lpr
> from the command line.
>
> I have an HP 1200, and am using the cups/gutenprint driver.

After several reinstalls/purges/reconfigures with different ppds, etc.,
I finally tried using an older HP ppd for the printer instead of relying
on the Gutenprint or HP ppds which came with the various packages.

That seems to have fixed the problem.  I have no clue why the other ppds
stopped working.  Oh well.

Kenward
--
The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I
have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than