Re: Postfix: local aliases vs virtual mailboxes

On 2007-12-13T17:55:08+0100, Stephane Durieux wrote:
> But I need a good level of security
>
> So :
>
> - alias to local accounts with /bin/false for users in
> /etc/passwd plus netfilter and pam restriction (ssh
> ...)
>
> - virtual mailboxes

If you do not need the accounts then use virtual mailboxes, otherwise
use (plain) aliases.

I alias all system accounts to root, and root to user accounts for
administrators (i.e. me).  On my personal work-station I also have a
virtual alias:

allan allan@vent

so mail send from this host to myself is delivered locally instead of
sent to my central mail server (replyhost).

/Allan