Re: NFS setup

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 17:00:20 +0100, iuri de araujo sampaio wrote:
> I have installed nfs to the server via......
> sudo apt-get install nfs-common portmap nfs-kernel-server
>
> I have installed nfs to the client via......
> sudo apt-get install nfs-common portmap
>

> My desktop is the server machine 192.168.1.2
> My laptop is the client machine 192.168.1.3
>
> I have edited etc/exports to share /home/backup
> /home/backup 192.168.1.3(rw,sync,no_root_squash)

Looking good so far. Did you restart nfs-kernel-server after editing
/etc/exports ? Have you checked that portmap & mountd are running on the
server & the client?  Does /var/log/syslog on the server show anything
interesting?

... and now for the random one ...

Do you run bind on the same machine as your nfs server? This has a port
conflict somewhere with portmap, so ensure portmap starts before bind.

--
Stephen Patterson :: steve@patter.mine.nu :: http://patter.mine.nu/
GPG: B416F0DE :: Jabber: patter@jabber.earth.li