NFS setup

Hi all,

I´ve read other threads on this and posted some of my problems.
As it stands i am stuck, so forgive me for starting a new thread in what
i think is the right section.

My aim is to share my backup folder to the other computers on my home
network. The location of this folder is home/backup on the server
machine.

I have installed nfs to the server via......
sudo apt-get install nfs-common portmap nfs-kernel-server

I have installed nfs to the client via......
sudo apt-get install nfs-common portmap

My desktop is the server machine 192.168.1.2
My laptop is the client machine 192.168.1.3

I have edited etc/exports to share /home/backup
/home/backup 192.168.1.3(rw,sync,no_root_squash)

I would like to know if i have done everything properly on the server
and client  machine.

Because i got the error bellow when i try to mount the nfs partition on
the client side.
$ sudo mount 192.168.1.2:/home/backup /mnt/nfs
$ mount.nfs: 192.168.1.2:/home/backup failed, reason given by server:
Permission denied

i can ping between each machine. I believe the permission is denied
because both machines don´t have each other listed
at /etc/hosts /etc/hosts.allow /etc/hosts.deny
Is that possible? and how to add them properly?  i tried to add them but
it doesn´t work either.

please help,
iuri