Re: System Lockup - Thanks

On Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 06:50:26PM +0100, strawks wrote:
> > I just experienced my first ever system lockup.  No mouse, no keyboard
> > with an Iceape screen open.
>
> > I had saved a posting regarding SYSRQ and I tried Alt-Sysrq k then
> > Alt-Sysrq i and the Alt-Sysrq b with no response.
>
> Did you really press those 3 keys at the same time? To see if it works
> switch to a console and try it there (Alt-Sysrq-s should print
> something).

No, I did not press all three keys at the same time.  The posting I
saved says, "Pressing Alt-SysRq on an i386, followed by one of the keys
r 0 k e i s u b, does the magic."  Following your suggestion I tried
Alt-Sysrq-s and the system promptly responded:

	Sysrq: Emergency Sync
	Emergency Sync complete

so it was my misunderstanding not a problem with Sysrq.  Thanks for
pointing out my error.

Tom George