Re: System Lockup

On Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 12:05:22PM -0500, Thomas H. George wrote:
> I just experienced my first ever system lockup.  No mouse, no keyboard with
> an Iceape screen open.
>
> I had saved a posting regarding SYSRQ and I tried Alt-Sysrq k then
> Alt-Sysrq i and the Alt-Sysrq b with no response.
> In desperation I crashed and rebooted the system.  I am using linux-image
> 2.6.21-2-686.  When the system came up I entered grep SYSRQ
> /boot/config-$(uname -r) and got the response CONFIG_MAGIC-SYSRQ=y
>

> So its there.  Either I did something wrong or it doesn't work with the
> problem I encountered.
>
> Tom George

Were you by chance using flashplayer? When I used to use the flash
package I got random crashes and lock ups...When I realized that flash
was the cause of these lockups I stopped using it and haven't touched it
since.

--
If programmers deserve to be rewarded for creating innovative
programs, by the same token they deserve to be punished if they