Kernel (Enable PAE)

Hi List
We have an HP server with 8Gb of memory, but the system is recognizing
just 4Gb. Baixei the sources of kernel to the compilation of the PAE
module, but when I install the new kernel I have the following message
system:

 You are attempting to install a kernel image (version 2.6.18)
However, the directory /lib/modules/2.6.18/kernel still
  exists.  If this directory belongs to a previous linux-image-2.6.18
package, and if you have deselected some modules,
  or installed standalone modules packages, this could be
bad.

  If /lib/modules/2.6.18/kernel belongs to a old install of
linux-image-2.6.18, then this is your last chance to abort
  the installation of this kernel image (nothing has been changed
yet).

  If you know what you are doing, and if you feel that this image
should be installed despite this anomaly, Please
  answer n to the
question.

  Otherwise, I suggest you move /lib/modules/2.6.18/kernel out of the
way, perhaps to /lib/modules/2.6.18.kernel.old or
  something, and then try re-installing this
image.

   Stop install since the kernel-image is already installed?

Some ideas?

- --
Márcio Luciano Donada <mdonada at auroraalimentos dot com dot br>
Aurora Alimentos - Cooperativa Central Oeste Catarinense
Departamento de T.I.