Re: Replacing HD with Flash IDE drive

Hi!

> Anyways, flash based IDE drive would be the solution I am guessing. I am not really concerned with the size as I am running a fairly
> minimal debian system. So about 4G would be perfect.
>
> So anybody has any experiences with this on Debian? Does the Flash HD simply look like an IDE drive in debian?

Yes, i've done the same for my home "server".
It's based on a fanless miniitx, and the only noise was the HD.

I use a CF 2 IDE adaptor; CF is recognize as IDE hd and the installation was done with no problems.
And until now no problems, of course.

Also i use a 4 gb cf.

Only, i don't know if there an adaptor from PowerBook g4 hd connector (sata? eide?) to cf.
Hope this encourage you!

Bye