Re: how do you convert Windows User to Linux

On 2007-12-07T13:22:28-0800, tekant ozer wrote:
> -is there any easy to use remote admin desktop solution which accept
> me to reach from windows platform to Linux ?

If you want a desktop then I think you would be happy with vnc.  On the
other hand if it is just a server, and you only need cmmand line
interface to it then ssh is the standard tool.  On windows I haev used
putty.

> - which desktop, which web, tools? Or should I forget desktop desktop,
> visual everything and go for old style Telnet? I want minimal
> configuration. so I need advice about package content.

Minimal configuration implies to me no desktop, but there is really not
much to getting things going if you hardware is supported.  If the
machine has network access, then download and burn the netinst iso, and
boot from it.  Answer handful screens and you are in business.  I would
tackle the wireless stuff later once you have your machine running, but
then again I never had a need for wireless and hence never used it.

/Allan