Re: aptitude crashing x?

On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 08:43:19AM -0500, "Douglas A. Tutty" <dtutty@porchlight.ca> was heard to say:
> On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 04:12:49AM -0800, joseph lockhart wrote:
> > strange, every morning i run two aptitude commands
> > from the command line
> >
> > aptitude update and aptitude full-upgrade
>
> I've never heard of the full-upgrade option; what does it do?

  full-upgrade = dist-upgrade.  The alias was introduced to emphasize
that it's a more thorough upgrade, not just for upgrading between
distributions (although with tweaks I've introduced in Mercurial to
safe-upgrade aka "upgrade" it should be less necessary to use
full-upgrade on a regular basis).

  Daniel