Re: bash color aliases

Christian Ruffer wrote:
> Hello Cassiano,
>
> thats what I expected. I did logout and login a several times while
> trying, but nothing happend.
>
> Is there a another place which overrights the /home/user/.bashrc ?

Have a look at ~/.bash_profile (where ~ is the user's home dir). Look
for these lines:

# include .bashrc if it exists
if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
    . ~/.bashrc
fi

It should look like what I have pasted above. If the if ... fi statement
is commented out, uncomment it. Otherwise, .bash_profile will be run,
but .bashrc won't.

Hope it solves your problem!

> Christian

Cheers,
Cassiano Leal

P.S.: Please don't top-post as it makes it harder to follow long threads.