Re: Preferred Backup Method?

David Brodbeck <brodbd@u.washington.edu>:

>  On Dec 5, 2007, at 6:52 AM, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
> > Please don't call this the "Usual Python error recovery problems".
> > Python allows you to trap all the errors it could discover.  You just
> > have to wrap everything in a try block.  So if you're getting error
> > messages in a stack trace, then call it a bug.
>
>  Fair enough.  It's just that probably 90% of the Python software I've
>  used has had this bug, so I came to assume it was inherent with that
>  programming language.

You're not alone wrt python problems.  My latest run-in was with
sarplot, which looks like it would be a great tool.  It's on
Sourceforge, it ran on Redhat at one time ...  The Python manner of
parsing env vars has since changed, and now sarplot is irretrievably
broken, apparently.  Damn.  Perfectly good software, into the dustbin.