Re: Preferred Backup Method?

Michael Pobega wrote:
What is d-u's preferred method of backups?

We have 300+ Linux servers in the field that we support.
We use BackupEdge from www.microlite.com
Our tech support staff has handled crashed systems very easily using their RecoverEdge bare metal recovery utilities since we started using it back in the days of SCO Xenix...
We have had trouble with Travan type tape drives. (bad spindle design...)
The IOmega REVdrives work well if you stay away from the older/cheaper MB's that confuse SATA and IDE... I really like Dell's "REV" version, the RD1000. It's essentially a hotswap sata drive in a full-height bay. So you can upgrade to a larger backup medium without replacing the backup device... And, if you get really large datasets to backup, the SCSI/SAS based LTO tape drives are available up to 800GB.

Larry