Re: Preferred Backup Method?

On Tue, 4 Dec 2007 16:09:12 -0500
Michael Pobega <pobega@gmail.com> wrote:

> What is d-u's preferred method of backups? Now that I'm running
> servers on my system (Apache, MySQL, SSH, etc.) I need to find a
> good method of backing up, because no matter how much security
> someone has things may still go wrong.
>
> So list your preferred methods of creating/restoring backups and the
> pros and cons. Thanks!

That's about like asking, "What's the preferred flavor of ice
cream".  You're going to get a dozen different answers and then
someone will get mad because someone else said that anyone who likes
strawberry doesn't know their *$$ from a hole in the ground.

Despite that, let me tell you what I use.  I have used Bacula several
years to back up 6 machines every night.

--
Raquel
Doubt 'til thou canst doubt no more...doubt is thought and thought is