Re: Mediawiki from testing install tips anyone???

On Monday 03 December 2007 23:47, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 08:29:06PM -0600, John W. Foster wrote:
> > I am trying to install Mediawiki1.1.11xxx from testing. There seems to be
> > NO installation instructions at all. In the stable version there was
> > enough to get started, however the current testing version is way
> > differtent as far as the way it seems to be set up. Much more like
> > apache2 maybe. Are there any doc anywhere? YThere is not even a readme in
> > the main dirs or /etc/mediawiki/
> >
> > Tips please anyone.
> > Thanks!
>
> Sorry if you already searched there, but what about
> /usr/share/doc/mediawiki/
Well don't I have egg on my face......
That's what happens when you come to depend on DWWW, instead of looking for
myself. I ran the dwww-build but it missed the new install docs somehow.

> BTW, I don't recall any package to install docs in /etc/
Sometimes there have bee some readme from the debian packagers there, been a
while since I have seen that.
Thanks!!!

--
John W. Foster