Re: ftp.debian.org update - Problem solved.

On 12/3/07, David Fox <dfox94085@gmail.com> wrote:

Previously:

> OK, I got bitten and just checked my /etc/apt/sources.list, and
> noticed all my debian references were to ftp.debian.org. I beg
> penance.

snip explanation and aptitude output.

Found what I think is the issue. I still had a few ftp.debian.org
lists in my /var/lib/apt/lists subdirectory, plus one reference to
ftp.debian.org still unedited in /etc/apt/sources.list. I removed the
ftp.debian.org* files in /var/lib/apt/lists, because I was getting the
same segfault on all aptitude requests, even 'autoclean' and 'clean'.
The segfault on 'sudo aptitude autoclean' went away when I removed the
ftp.debian.org files, so I was on the right track.

It just took a little extra inspection and removal of ftp.debian.org
files in /var/lib/apt/lists - so bear this in mind when you update
your chosen mirrors :).

HTH