Re: volume mgmt w/o gnome

On Dec 1, 2007 6:03 PM, Mark Grieveson <dg135@torfree.net> wrote:
> > If it is mass-storage, you just mount it with a command like "mount
> > -t auto /dev/sda1 /media/usb" (mount point and device might be
> > different). Or you can put a line in /etc/fstab :
>
> > /dev/sda1   /media/usb   auto   noauto,users   0    0
>
> > Then you could just say "mount /media/usb".
>
> Thanks for the response.  when I try this, it tells me:
>
> mount: you must specify the filesystem type

Auto should work, but the FS should be vfat, so -

stand alone command:
mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /media/usb
(-t means type; again, paths may be different)

or in fstab:
/dev/sda1/     /media/usb   vfat   noauto,users   0   0

...and then:
mount /media/usb

You can get more info with "man mount" and "man fstab"

Cheers,
Kelly