Re: server login with SSH

Ken Irving wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 01, 2007 at 09:49:55AM -0500, phillinux wrote:
>> I set-up a plain vanilla, samba (intranet) server for a computer lab in my
>> school. I've done this before with SuSE and have switched to Debian Net
>> install.
>>
>> I have the kids SSH into their accounts to change their samba passwords but
>> the connection is now being refused by the server. there is no problem
>> accessing home folders.  I checked the /etc/services file and port 22 seems
>> to be open (not commented out).  What should I check next?
>
> On some debian versions, not sure which, the default sshd needs an entry
> for each user in /etc/ssh/sshd_config in the AllowUsers setting.

This is false. The need of this field in `sshd_config` it's _not_
determined by the debian version. If you have this field then you have
to fill it, if you don't want it just delete it or comment the field.

Regards,
Jose Luis.
--

ghostbar on debian linux 'sid' 2.6.22 x86_64-SMP - #382503
Weblog: http://ghostbar.ath.cx/ - http://linuxtachira.org