Re: what's wrong with real.com? I can't download reaplayer for Linux

On Nov 30, 2007 8:55 PM, Serena Cantor <qipaishi2006@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I follow links at real.com,
> No matter how hard I try, I can't download it.

In my opinion, even better than using the RealPlayer at
debian-multimedia, would be to get a recent mplayer,
ffmpeg and w32codecs from the same place. I have had
mplayer perform better than realplayer on problematic
realvideo files. I am not sure if mplayer was using an
ffmpeg version of the codecs or if it was using the
Windows DDLs and the player itself is simply better.
But it was definitely better.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers