NVIDIA and mplayer now working
well, I started over again, blew away my xorg.conf and reran the
when I rebooted I realized that it looks like they snuck another kernel update
in on me:
~$ uname -a
Linux paulandcilla 2.6.22-3-686 #1 SMP Mon Nov 12 08:32:57 UTC 2007 i686
running Debian testing.
NOW my NVIDIA driver is working again, and so is mplayer.
so it looks like the fact that the nvidia driver wasn't working also affected
mplayer. When I was running on the "nv" driver, mplayer would give me a
anyway, all is right with the world now, time to do a backup!!!
Registered Linux user # 367800
Registered Ubuntu User #12459