Re: Installing xfce on existing Etch gnome install

Andrew Henry wrote:
Is this easy to do?  Is it as simple as installing an xfce meta package
and then selecting xfce as the desktop when logging in?  I've never
tried using multiple desktop environments before and wonder if there any
caveats I need to be aware of.

--andrew

Yep, that was my experience. Just apt-get install xfce* (do a search for the components first) and apt will do the rest. Logout and log back in selecting Xfce. Viola!

Enjoy