Re: How does GMail know I use Firebug extension in Iceweasel?

Celejar wrote:
On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 06:56:23 +0530
Raj Kiran Grandhi <grajkiran@gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

privacy implications? Disabling javascript renders most sites pretty useless. I have played around with noscript for a couple of months before turning it off.

"Most sites pretty useless"?  Not most sites that I use.

FOSS sites are well behaved when it comes to supporting standards. But most of the rest, banking sites, airline and railway sites for example, are mortally dependent on javascript and do not degrade gracefully in its absence. A rather unfortunate trend that is apparently becoming more common.

--
Raj Kiran Grandhi