Re: Top-posting (was Re: CD to acc)

David Brodbeck wrote:

On Nov 28, 2007, at 1:29 PM, Robert Hodgins wrote:

But then some genius gave us the > sign to allowed us to select how far back in a thread we wished to read and also saved our scroll wheels many many miles of rolling through text that we had already read only to find a one-liner at the bottom of the message.

Actually, that's a drawback, not a benefit. Because people who top-post don't have to roll through the previous text to add their comments, they forget to trim out the irrelevant parts. This results in huge messages with lots of deeply indented text. This is highly annoying to people who read in digest mode.