Re: Problems booting AMD64 Dual Core

Thierry Chatelet wrote:
On Wednesday 28 November 2007 22:24, I.E.Broadbent wrote:
Anyone have any comments or suggestions please.

Anyone heard of any problems with the CPU's or Boards mentioned above?

Thanks, Ian

Hi, I got a similar problem, which was soulve by increasing the voltage on the memories sticks. No idea if it can help, sorry, but it's worth a try.
Thierry

I'm currently building a similar box, so this is topical.

If you are running identical boxes, with identical installs, and you only have trouble on one, it's a fault in one lot of hardware or in a config difference.

You are running what I would consider the bare minimum of ram for a 64 box, but if you have one box running ok on that, that's not the problem either.

I'm not familiar with the board - I'm building with an Asus one with a 6000 AMD CPU, but Gigabyte make good boards and that shouldn't be the problem either.(Did anybody have access to the build area and pick things up "just for a look?" - even doing this to a ram chip could be enough).
Regards,

David.