LDAP Authentication

Hello,

I have a box running Lenny which I am trying to configure to use LDAP (as opposed to local) user authentication. Both nss_ldap and pam_ldap are installed from the current packages. The server it is authenticating against is a Sun LDAP server which stores passwords as SHA2 hashes by default. I am not able to get LDAP logins working on this box, and the problem appears to be that there is no support for SHA2 passwords in nss_ldap or pam_ldap. Does anyone know if this is correct? I have tried setting pam_password to 'clear', 'crypt', 'ad', and 'exop' with no luck. (There does not seem to be any 'sha' or 'sha2' option.)

If we change the password from SHA2 to a UNIX crypt hash on the server and set pam_password to 'crypt' in /etc/libnss-ldap.conf, then the LDAP authentication works correctly.

I haven't had any luck finding answers on Google, and I can't seem to find much documentation on using nss_ldap or pam_ldap with SHA2. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks!
    Dave

--

Dave Parker