Re: removing kde

lostson wrote:
Hello All I have install debian stable with kde and am wanting to remove kde completely and install gnome. Is this possible ? and if so how ? I have been googling trying to find a way with no luck thanks.

 LostSon

I am not sure how kde was installed since usually doesn't debian only ship with gnome? However try "aptitude remove kdebase kdm " That should get it. Once it is done and you have installed gnome ( aptitude install gnome gdm ) you can fire up synaptic and check for any lingering kde files.

Sam