Re: how to build from _modified_ source package

Daniel B. wrote:

> How do you rebuild a Debian package from source _with_ local
> modifications?
>
> The instructions I've seen all extract source (original plus
> patches) and build in one step, not giving a chance to make
> local edits.

I frequently do this with couple of packages. For example, I would like
to have readline support, history support in gnuplot. So I recompile it
myself in a "debianized way". The step-by-step instructions as to how I
do it can be found at

http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/2007/04/build-gnuplot-with-gnu-readline-and.html

BTW, This has been recently discussed at

hth
raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi