Re: wiki to pdf converter

On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 11:29:37 -0500
"Douglas A. Tutty" <dtutty@porchlight.ca> wrote:

> Why do you use wiki markup if you're not writing to a wiki?
>
> That's what LaTex is for.
>
> You have a plain-text file with wiki markup.  You want stuff bolded.
> Plain text doesn't have 'bold'.  You'll need to turn it into a format
> that can then create a pdf or ps file.  If you know how to write raw ps,
> great.  Otherwise, I'd suggest you write a script to turn your wiki
> stuff into LaTex then run latex to make the dvi, then turn that into
> whatever you want.
>
> Doug.

Yes I actually did consider using latex. Maybe I should have since I use it for almost every other report or assignment I write. One of the reasons I wanted to do this in wiki markup was that it was quite simple to read in source format and I could post it to a wiki site later on.

Thanks for the input,
Amit