Re: wiki to pdf converter

On Sat, Nov 24, 2007 at 02:48:50AM -0800, Amit Uttamchandani wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I take notes in class and use the wiki markup system. Thus, a section
> of the notes would look like the following:
>
> ****
>
> == Timers ===
>
>  * Timer0 - 8-bit timer/counter with 8-bit prescaler * Timer1 - 16-bit
>  timer/counter with prescaler can be incremented during SLEEP via
>  external crystal/clock.  * Timer2 - 8-bit timer/counter with 8-bit
>  period register, prescaler, and postscaler.
>
> ****
>
> So I would like to be able to run this through a script/application
> that will automatically parse this and bold the headings and put
> bullets in the items.
>
> Does such a tool exist?

Why do you use wiki markup if you're not writing to a wiki?

That's what LaTex is for.

You have a plain-text file with wiki markup.  You want stuff bolded.
Plain text doesn't have 'bold'.  You'll need to turn it into a format
that can then create a pdf or ps file.  If you know how to write raw ps,
great.  Otherwise, I'd suggest you write a script to turn your wiki
stuff into LaTex then run latex to make the dvi, then turn that into
whatever you want.

Doug.